PURPOSE OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
This privacy notice aims to give you information on how MUSIC THEORY ONLINE collects and processes (uses) your personal data through your use of this website, including any data you may provide through this website when you sign up to our newsletter, purchase a product or service or take part in a competition. The website is for students who wish to learn to read music online and gain a recognised ABRSM Grade 1-5 qualification.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice or fair processing notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
MUSIC THEORY ONLINE is the controller of your personal data and responsible for implementing appropriate technical and organisational security methods to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with UK data protection laws.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice, please contact Michael Luck using the details set out below.
Mr Michael Luck email: email@example.com
Tel: 07772 533708
or write to 14 Woodridge Court, Langland, Swansea SA3 4TH.
YOUR DUTY TO INFORM US OF CHANGES
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information relating to an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
WHAT INFORMATION DO YOU COLLECT?
The data we collect about you are as follows:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier and email. Music Theory Online only uses this data to allow users access to the website using their user name and password.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- We need this data so that you the user can access our website and enjoy the many resources and facilities available.
We do not collect any special categories of personal data (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data) nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
ON WHAT BASIS DO YOU PROCESS MY PERSONAL DATA?
We process your personal data on the following bases:
- Consent – if you have consented to us processing your personal data and there is no other lawful reason for us to process it, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that if you do withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our services. If you provide personal data about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any consent obligations under applicable data protection laws.
- Contract – we collect certain information from you in order to be able to fulfil our contractual obligations and provide services to you.
- Legitimate interests – where we consider it necessary, we may process some of your information in order to ensure network and information security, for internal administration purposes, to prevent or detect crime, for direct marketing purposes or in order to use third party service providers including Google Analytics (see Third Party Links below). You have the right to object to processing on this basis and, if you object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing, we cannot say no. However, there may be other circumstances where we can refuse to comply with your request if we have a good reason to continuing such processing.
WITH WHOM WILL YOU SHARE MY PERSONAL DATA?
Other than sharing your personal data with our service providers or other third parties that process elements of data on our behalf for our legitimate interests, or if we are required to divulge by law, we will not share your personal data with any other parties. Any processing of your personal data by a third party is governed by an appropriate written contract that protects your data.
WHERE DO YOU STORE MY PERSONAL DATA AND HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP IT?
Personal data collected are stored securely at our web development consultants, United Studios, in Pembrokeshire UK. https://unitedstudios.co.uk/ Save for where specified (see below) under the section headed Third Party Links personal data will not be transferred out of the UK (United Kingdom). We shall keep your information for the duration of the agreement we have with you. When a contract ends this information will be deleted.
YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”).
This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you.
This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Request erasure of your personal data.
This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances, for example for direct marketing purposes.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
This website also uses Google Analytics. For information on how Google uses information from website or apps that use its services, including where such information is stored outside the UK, click here